The best placed plans of mice, men and remuneration advisers ….
With apologies to Robert Burns for appropriating his proverb, but in the age of Omicron it is adapt or perish.
The good news is that despite Omicron, the 2022 Remuneration and Governance Forum is proceeding on 17 March. But instead of being face to face, it will again be an online webcast. While the absence of a networking opportunity may disappoint some of you there is more good news. This time due to the use of Glass Lewis’ in-house technology there are no fees associated with attendance. So please be our guests on 17th March 2.00pm to 4.00pm (AEDT) / 11.00am to 1.00pm (AWST) for the Guerdon Associates and CGI Glass Lewis’ 17th Annual Remuneration and Governance Forum.
Depending on COVID-19 considerations, it is further planned (uh-hmmmm…) to host a ticketed follow-up in-person Forum event in May or June for corporate, investor and director participants. This will allow a more in-depth face to face discussion of remuneration and governance issues and networking.
The 2022 webinar-based forum comprises:
- A 15-minute introduction by CGI Glass Lewis on the most pressing issues seen at 2021 AGMs and expected at 2022 AGMS.
- A 50-minute panel comprising directors, proxy advisers and remuneration advisers on the stark choices with growth versus value stocks, given cyclical changes to market sentiment and valuations.
- A 50-minute panel comprising directors, investors and proxy advisers on board and executive diversity elements beyond gender, given the significant focus by major offshore investors.
Panellists and debaters confirmed so far include:
- Allan Davies, Chairman, QUBE, NED King Island Scheelite, Director XLX
- Ben Wyatt, NED, Rio Tinto, Woodside Energy
- Dr. Joanne Warner, NED, Deterra Royalties, First Quantum Minerals
As usual, Chatham House rules will apply and media are excluded from registering from this live, invitation-only event. Invitations will be sent to company directors, institutional investors, regulators and company executives within the coming weeks.
Because the event is being held under Chatham House rules we will not be recording. So make sure you register and keep space free in your diary. In the event that this is not possible, we will summarise discussion points for our next newsletter, although with care for no attribution.
Like last year, we want your comments and questions during the session. Put your thinking caps on and do not hold back! We look forward to robust discussion.© Guerdon Associates 2023 Back to all articles